Google Drive Search Chips for better search results
Search chips in Google Drive help refine search results and display important files faster.
When searching in Drive, you usually use a few keywords to find the file you are looking for, such as "marketing plan" or "sales report". This results in search results that are not specific enough.
After entering a search query, you can use search chips to display more relevant results based on:
- File type, such as a Google document, pdf or image
- Location, such as a shared drive or a specific folder
- When the document was last modified (file titles only)
- Shared labels
Moreover, there are other improvements available:
- Spelling suggestions visible together with search chips
- Delete search chips alone or together with the search query
- Additional date options for the "Last Modified" chip
In short, search chips make it easier to refine your search results and find important files faster.
Ernst-Jan van Gils
Google Workspace Change Consultant
Ernst-Jan is a member of the Collaboration Squad in the role of Google Workspace Change Consultant.