You know the drill: you are working in a Google Doc in preparation for your meeting. But when it's time to dial in, you have to switch tabs and search Google Calendar for the right link to join.
That hassle is now a thing of the past: start your meeting directly from Google Docs, Sheets or Slides and continue collaborating in the document, which you immediately have in view together with your conversation partner(s).
- Open a Google text document, spreadsheet or presentation and click the Google Meet button at the top right.
- In the pop-up you can choose to join a meeting that is in your calendar (at the relevant time), start a new meeting or join by entering a meeting code.
- In the subsequent screen you determine whether you want to activate video and audio.
- Then you choose to join the meeting without sharing your screen (via 'Join the call') or by sharing the tab of the file directly (via 'Just present this tab').
- (Optional) If you did not share the screen in step 4 and you want to do this later, click the Present Now button.
- To leave the meeting, click on the red phone icon.
It's the little things that matter, right? In any case, we are very happy with this improvement, which is another contribution to better productivity and collaboration.