To stay informed of updates in Google Docs, it is possible to receive email notifications of changes per file.
The notifications indicate which changes have been made, when and by whom.
- Open the desired document and click on Tools in the menu.
- Then click on Notification Settings
- (optional) In the pop-up, select the updates you'd like to receive a notification for
- In the same pop-up, choose the option to receive a notification for Added or removed content
- Press OK to save the settings.
Once the notifications are set, you will receive a message in your inbox everytime someone adds or deletes content in the document.
Adjust notification rules
Besides adjusting the notification rules in the document, you can also change them directly from the e-mail notification.
- Open the e-mail notification and click on Notification settings
- Click on the dropdown arrow at Edits so you can see the options
- Pick None if you no longer wish to receive notifications for this document.
This change is automatically saved.